Skip to content
Mumbai · Friday, 21 August 2026

National Revealed

The Truth can never be hidden

World

Prince Harry, Elton John, 5 others ordered to pay Daily Mail $13 million over failed privacy invasion case

By Sohail Khan 21 August 2026, 7:04 pm

Prince Harry and others have been ordered to pay Daily Mail million in initial court costs. 

Updated on: Aug 21, 2026, 19:28:13 IST

Prefer HTon Google

Share via
Copy link

    Prince Harry and six others were reportedly ordered on Friday to pay an initial 9.5 million pounds, which amounts to $13 million, to the publisher of Britain’s Daily Mail newspaper.

    Justice Matthew Nicklin, in a judgment on Friday, said that the payment will be made by August 28, according to AP. This order came following their failed invasion of privacy case.

    What the judge said

    Nicklin was critical of the way the claimants' case had been put.

    "In my judgment, the cumulative effect of these matters takes the case well outside the norm. The conduct was unreasonable to a high degree," Reuters quoted Nicklin as saying.

    What happened in court?

    The claimants lost a High Court case in London after alleging malpractice, including illegal phone hacking, by Associated Newspapers. Meanwhile, the publisher had strongly denied all claims throughout the proceedings. It has stated it accumulated over £34 million during the case.

    The ruling follows an 11-week trial that concluded on July 7, with Judge Nicklin citing a shortage of evidence to support the allegations.

    The remainder of the costs will have to be reimbursed later by the claimants, who are insured for around half that total, the AP report said.

    (with inputs from agencies)

    See Less

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *