UAE halts all trade dealings with Iran after escalation, missile alerts in Dubai

The UAE remains firmly committed to safeguarding the integrity of the international financial system, the foreign ministry says.
Updated on: Aug 19, 2026, 07:33:32 IST
Prefer HTon Google
Share via
Copy link
The United Arab Emirates has suspended all trade, commercial exchanges and financial transactions with Iran “until further notice”, the country’s foreign ministry said on Tuesday.
UAE foreign ministry communications director Afra Al Hameli said the decision was taken in light of “regional escalations that undermine regional and international peace and security”.
“In light of regional escalations… all trade, commercial exchanges, and financial transactions with Iran have been halted until further notice,” Al Hameli said. She also said the UAE would continue to protect the international financial system and follow international law and global standards.
UAE alleges missile attack by Iran
The announcement came after the UAE said two ballistic missiles had been fired towards the country from Iran. Both missiles fell into the sea — one landed within UAE territorial waters and the other outside them, according to the defence ministry.
The ministry later said assessments indicated that the missiles were intended to target maritime traffic.
Iran denies missile attack
Iran denied firing missiles at the UAE. Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Esmail Baghaei said on Telegram that all regional parties should refrain from making “baseless accusations”.
See Less




Leave a Reply